Saturday, March 10, 2012

Avery's Pink & Zebra print 1st Birthday Party

I'm in the midst of getting everything together for my daughter Avery's 1st birthday party next weekend and it's been a labor of love. I've thrown two parties for my son so far but this one, for my girl, has morphed into a party-beast!

That being said, I've absolutely LOVED looking at all the party blogs out there and seeing all the fabulous pictures posted. So many possibilities and these women are amazing and creative!

I don't pretend to be anywhere near their crafty level, however, when one of my favorite's (who I ordered a birthday banner from one year for Hunter) wasn't shipping out until the day before Avery's party I thought to myself, "Maybe I can make it myself?"

And that is how the party-crafting-decorating monster was born!  I realized just how easy it was to coordinate a party by colors and add little pops of it here and there. And that was where my inspiration for the crafty stuff came into play.  So far I've made a banner and some large cupcake/cake toppers (I already had the big shapes cut out but next time I will tackle much smaller cake toppers) and right now there are no graphics, just color. So for Hunter's party this summer (which I'm leaning towards a pirate theme) I hope to experiment with some cool graphics! And what's the next holiday that I can make something for? ;-)

Anyway, this blog was created so that I can share some of my party experiments to help give others ideas for their own celebrations.  Seriously, if I can do it...so can you!

I plan on sharing pictures of some of the stuff I've made for Avery's party, but for now, here is a teaser of the work in progress:

You can see a hint of the color scheme here, heh heh. Pink/black/white/with a touch of zebra print thrown in.

I am in LOVE with these cupcake liners!

For the life of me, I can't seem to get this picture to upload straight so I apologize for the upside down view!
I know the lighting sucks in this picture...I took it with my iphone at night and I didn't have enough light (or the flash on).

Obviously, I'mstill quite the novice. But it's only my first time making something like this. I had a blast!




I can't wait to see all my ideas tied together at the party.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment