Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Planning a birthday party...PIRATE style!

I've been fiendishly working on the party decorations for Hunter's upcoming 3rd birthday PIRATE themed party!

Even though I technically still have a week and a half I do NOT want to be waiting till the last minute to do EVERYTHING. Plus we are going camping this weekend so that's almost three whole days I will be doing no crafting or party prep. Eek!

Anyway, I just wanted to share a sneak peek of some of the stuff I've been up to!


I am in LOVE with this cute little skull and crossbones! I made these for cupcake toppers (and just today attached them to red tooth picks) and every time Hunter sees them he happily cries out, "Pirates, Mama!"


I made a quick run to Michael's (Craft store) one day last week to grab some more scrapbook paper. Heh, like I REALLY thought I was only going in to look for scrapbook paper? Even though I had to go to work, 30 minutes LATER, I was finally leaving the store. (I seriously thought I'd be in there like 10 minutes.)

They JUST came out with their Halloween stuff (the end of JULY?!?! Seriously??) so I browsed around thinking I could find something pirate-y.

I got this cool crystal looking skull using a 40% off coupon--woo hoo!--and a sparkly sign that spells out "Beware" with crows sitting on top.  And then the icing on the cake? In a section of house-decorating items, there was a bunch of kind of vintage-y looking boxes. I literally stopped in my tracks as I was walking by and lifted it up, thinking "Hmmm, this looks kind of like a treasure box." And THEN I turned it over  and balked at the price tag: $21.99. I hastily put it back down and that's when my eye was drawn to the sign blaring "70% OFF".
!
While I wouldn't pay $21.99 for it, I most certainly would pay $6.50 for it!  I was so excited about my purchases that I had to take them out and gaze at them in the hot, hot car (I put the a/c on of course) and then immediately take a picture of my booty! My PIRATE booty! Heh heh.

I've been working hard at night, after the kiddos are in bed, with my newest favorite obsession. My Cricut!

I'm having a blast making this stuff. I've got his birthday  banner partially assembled (it still needs to be strung on the ribbon. That baby is a labor of love, that's for sure.
And this morning, before getting ready for work, I squeezed in a little more party decoration-making and finished up (and filled!) the goody bags. Only thing left is I need to address the tags with each child's name, once I have everyone RSVP'd.

Hunter was very excited to see the goody bags!


Anyway, things are coming along nicely! I can't WAIT to celebrate my big boy's 3rd birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment