Monday, October 1, 2012

Crafts, holiday decorating and bathroom painting!

Like I mentioned in my family blog post earlier today..."Halloween-time" has hit in this household!

I seriously love this time of year. Decorating positively makes me GIDDY.  In addition, I'm tackling some crafty projects this year. 

I've been hitting up the craft stores, as well as Goodwill, and loading up on some goodies to support ALL of my habits.


Look at those adorable star and moon book ends! Those will look perfect in Hunter's space/moon themed room!


I know it's not Christmas and/or winter yet, but I saw these adorable tin candle holders and COULD. NOT. RESIST. For 99 cents each, who could?!?

I've also been stocking up on some craft felt. I have some ideas of what I want to make from other blog tutorials I've found...turkey shirts for the kids (tracing their hands), and Avery's newest hairbow, a spider!


It came out a tad bigger than I meant it to, but still cute!  Just need to attach a little bow to the spider's head!

We are also doing a little "polishing" in our bathroom. This bathroom has been an annoyance to me since we moved in almost two years ago. Daryl's dad and grandma used to burn citronella candles on the whirlpool tub (WHO burns a citronella candle INDOORS?!?) and the candle was so close to the wall, that the wall is gray/black from smoke. Ugh! It's nasty and when I tried to scrub it, it just looked worse!  So, finally, I got my hubby to start painting!  and I've been purchasing a few odds and ends from Goodwill (heh heh) for decorating.  I can't WAIT to see the finished product and I'll be sure to share it here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment