Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Gobble, Gobble!

Can you believe it?

Thanksgiving is only 9 days week.

Holy moly. WHERE is time GOING? It's just zipping by!

Well since the turkey holiday is right around the bend, I thought I'd tell you about one of my most favorite bows in my etsy shop: the Gobble Gobble Turkey Korker Hair Bow!



Sorry, this isn't a tutorial (I seriously don't have time for one right now, but maybe soon??). ;-)  If you want to try your hand at making one of these little beauties, I showed you once before how I make Korkers in this post.  I found a really great tutorial on youtube (that i have the link in that other post) so if you want to learn how to make a korker, go check it out!

It's a fun process, but time-consuming, so don't think you'll whip through it in no time! Since I have small CHILDREN constantly clamoring for attention, I find that it's the easiest for me to do my korkers in stages. And it could happen over a day OR a matter of days depending on how busy I am. Wind the ribbons and bake.  Cut the ribbons and heal seal.  Form the korker and if I have time right after, partially line the  hair clip. And for this baby, glue on the adorable felt turkey to the front of the korker and then attach to your lined clip.  Voila, you're done!


I'd say the most time-consuming part is the cutting and heat-sealing of the ribbons so I like to do it after the kids have gone to bed and I'm catching up on some DVR'd shows. ;-)

So, give it a shot! Make your little one this sweet turkey hair bow! Or if you just don't have the time or don't feel crafty enough, come visit my shop to purchase one!



Gobble, gobble!!!  Now, I'm off to go make some turkey applique shirts for the kiddos using the shape of their hands that I've traced out....

No comments:

Post a Comment