Saturday, February 15, 2014

An adorable M2M birthday headband!

There are so many things I could be doing but what did I instead decide to start (and finish) this morning??

Why, a made to match headband to match Avery's birthday dress, of course!

Like I mentioned in a previous post, we're having a Sweet Shoppe themed 3rd Birthday Party for my sweet little Avery.

I saw an adorable dress on a blog someone had written and fell in love...it reminded me of gumballs! So I googled and searched and found it finally.

Of COURSE, we had to do a quick try-on and my girl spun and twirled all over the living room in approval.
Please excuse my big 'ol finger in this cell phone pic!
When this girl is spinning, you have to move FAST to catch the picture!

So, this morning I got an itch to make her birthday headband. Nevermind the fact that her party (and actual birthday) is not until March 15th. I just couldn't help myself!
 
It came out SO adorable, if I do say so myself. ;-)
 
You can't really see in this pic, but the headband elastic is pink and sparkly...PERFECT for Avery.
 
 She is the epitome of a girly-girl.  
 
Oh, and that matching fabric flower underneath? Heh heh, the dress came with a fabric "headband" that literally would have only fit an infant, definitely not the noggin on my almost-3  year old. So I snipped it apart and sewed it into the shape I want. Waste not, want not!
 
 I posted a pic on my Itty Bitty Bow Boutique facebook page letting people know I can make made-to-match headbands for them and I hope someone takes me up on it...I LOVE doing these.
 
I can't WAIT for this birthday party. It's going to be SO bright and fun. Ok, off to start working on some candy decorations. I promise to share soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment