Sunday, February 23, 2014

More details for Avery's upcoming Sweet Shoppe 3rd Birthday Party...

Hey everyone! I've been busy, busy getting things ready for Avery's 3rd Birthday Party. We are doing a Sweet Shoppe theme for her party and the planning has been so much fun.

Who doesn't love candy?

This weekend I started assembling candy jars for the candy buffet (or candy bar, whatever you want to call it!).

This picture is before I spray painted the lids of some of mason jars I am using.

Almost all of the jars and vases I am using, I already had in my house! Those are the best kind, free. :-) But if you need some for YOUR party, you an easily hit up dollar stores or Walmart, Target or even Michael's (using a good 40 or 50% off coupon).

And I also created a Dum-Dum topiary that will sit on the main table.
Obviously, this isn't the finished product yet. I still have to get some
cute crinkly paper to cover up the Styrofoam.

It came out SO cute!  I will show you how I made it in a different post.

There is still more to do, and I'm slowly making progress. I just went out and spray-painted some of my jar lids, as well as the pieces for the cake stand I'm making. 


And ignore the light pink splatters of paint everywhere. The Krylon spray paint shot out everywhere in a
mess when I tried to use it whereas the Rustoleum sprays SO nicely and "neatly" (the darker pink).

I still have a couple more types of candy to get (some I ordered online at Oriental Trading and a couple of things I'll pick up at the dollar store) but otherwise I have everything I need! 

This is seriously going to be the cutest party and so far, I think it's been my favorite one to plan. Can't wait to see it all come together.

And if you want to see where some of my party planning inspiration has been coming from, feel free to check out my board on Pinterest. There are SO MANY awesome ideas (and seriously crafty people sharing their fun experiences) out there to take advantage of!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment