Monday, May 5, 2014

DIY Beauty Products!

I've been on a DIY kick lately...not with crafts, or with food...but with beauty products!

As I get older, my skin seems to get more and more sensitive.  I'm 37 now and man, what a difference even just from five years ago in my skin! Products I've used for years (and I do mean years) have suddenly started to cause reactions like never before. (ie: the skin under and around my eyes drying out so much and flaking, turning red and swollen, ugh!)

I'm going to start sharing recipes I try out, and my experiences and opinions with them, on this blog! So if there is something in particular you are interested in finding out about, shoot me an email and I'll try it out for you!

So far, I've made a Lemon Body Sugar Scrub (that I've actually already made before) and loved.

 My next step will be to try out a recipe for a good body butter.

And I also made a Chocolate Cocoa Sugar Facial Scrub that I tried for the first time last night. OH. My. GOODNESS. It smells divine (like, I want to dip a spoon into it and EAT it) and I've only used it once but the skin on my face is crazy soft today!
Doesn't that look like brownie batter? Yum!

So stay tuned, everyone, and I'll post some recipes soon! I also hope to tackle a good facial moisturizer, body butter, lip balm AND even a foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment